Last Updated: 4/25/2018
By using or accessing the SeekOut website or Services in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Privacy Notice, and you hereby consent that we will collect, use, and share your information in the following ways.
SeekOut is a web-based software solution that allows recruiting professionals to recruit faster, smarter and better by using predictive algorithms and data-backed insights. We gather information about our Users, those that interact with our Website, products and Services, and about job candidate profiles, to provide a better, more focused experience for you.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us through SeekOut. In order to use the Services, you must provide name, email address, company name, title, and account password.
When you request a demo or trial, we receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, when requesting a trial of the Services, you must provide your name, company name, phone number, and email address.
When you search for candidates, we collect search terms (including keywords and filter values) to perform the search you request.
When you request customer support or otherwise provide information to us through SeekOut, we collect the content of those requests.
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We collect log information in connection with your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
• Location Information: We may collect information about your location through various technologies, including by deriving approximate location from IP address and by collecting more precise location via our mobile apps.
We may also obtain information from other sources. For instance, our customer service application may provide us with a link to your social media profile(s).
If you have a profile, resume, or CV on a publicly-available website, we may collect information about you either directly or through third-party providers of such public information. This information is limited to your professional qualifications and contact information.
The information we collect about you will include personally identifiable information such as name, education, qualifications, work history, work title, contact information, and experience. We may also collect information you have provided publicly on your GitHub profile page. We do not collect sensitive data (e.g., health, political affiliation) from any of these sites.
We may infer other characteristics about job candidates such as “likelihood to move to a new role” based on years at company, years in role, etc., so that recruiters and hiring managers can be more targeted when approaching candidates. We may infer “likely” personal characteristics of candidates, including gender, ethnicity, and/or country of origin (e.g. from first and last names, country where they attended university, service in armed forces, etc.) to help recruiters easily find highly-qualified diverse candidates.
All the information collected about job candidates is used to allow recruiting professionals to recruit faster, smarter and better by using predictive algorithms and data-backed insights.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under the age of 16. If we discover we have received any personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you find information on SeekOut about anyone under the age of 16, contact us at email@example.com.
Use of Customer Information
We may use the data we collect to communicate with you. For example, we may send you promotional emails about SeekOut or alert you of service changes via our product support system. We also track when you open messages from us. This tracking helps us improve our communication with you. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, you may change your preferences via the links provided in the emails.
Additionally we may use the information we collect about you to:
• Provide, maintain and improve our Services and develop new products and services;
• Provide and deliver the services you request;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, confirmations and invoices, and other support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others; and
• Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match your profile or interests.
Use of Job Candidate Information
All the information collected about job candidates is used to allow recruiting professionals to recruit faster, smarter and better by using predictive algorithms and data-backed insights. If a job candidate wishes to change or restrict the use of their information by the Services, follow the steps in the Your Choices section below.
Sharing of Information
• With service providers that carry out work on our behalf, for example, third parties we partner with to invite you to our training or web events;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
• Between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
• If you have integrated your applicant tracking system (ATS) or customer relationship manager (CRM) software with SeekOut, we will share data with those systems when you initiate the sharing via a button in the SeekOut user interface; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Company takes reasonable measures (e.g. following all disclosure laws and statutes, certification via Privacy Shield to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
SeekOut Operations and Transfers Out of the EEA and Privacy Shield
SeekOut’s data centers are located in the United States. If you live outside the United States, then by using our services, interacting with our website, or otherwise providing your personal data to us, your personal data will be transferred to and processed in the United States.
If you live within the European Economic Area, SeekOut complies with the EU-U.S. Shield framework (Privacy Shield) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce and European Commission regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from data subjects who reside in the EU, and which has been adopted by the EEA. SeekOut has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view SeekOut’s certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website.
Consistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, if SeekOut transfers your personal information to a third party acting as SeekOut’s agent on SeekOut’s behalf (such as SeekOut’s cloud hosting provider located in the United States) then SeekOut shall remain liable if its agent processes your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless SeekOut can prove that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to damage.
Job Candidate Information
Disputes Regarding Our Privacy Practices
For residents of the United States, Zipstorm is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
For European Union and Swiss residents, if you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, we have chosen JAMS Privacy Shield Program to serve as an independent recourse mechanism for dispute resolution arising from collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from EU member countries and Switzerland to the United States. The services of JAMS Privacy Shield Program are provided at no cost to you.
Further, as explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means.